These specialist workshops are designed to give you an overview of what to expect from labour and enable you to relax and be prepared for the birth of your baby. We aim to give you and your partner / birthing partner an 'invisible tool box' of techniques to help you prepare for labour, use during labour & the birth itself and the first few weeks with your new baby.
During each workshop we specifically explore the following:
• initial signs of labour & physiology of each stage of labour & birth - including hormonal
• key aspects for creating a comfortable birthing environment (wherever you have your baby)
• various positions for each stage of labour, movement / positions to help baby descend and
ways to rest & conserve energy
• strengthening the bond between mother and baby
• helping to alleviate ailments commonly experienced during pregnancy
• practises to help relax pelvic floor in preparation for and during labour
• active roles for partner / birth partner during labour - positive & practical ways to provide
• breath awareness & breathing techniques for relaxation & pain relief
• learn partner massage & when to use it
• managing expectations - creating a birthing plan that is flexible and being open to change
whatever your birth experience
• the first moments, days & weeks with your new baby - getting to know each other and
nurturing your bond
Yumi Yoga’s Birth Preparation workshops are open to anyone in their third trimester and their partner / birth partner. You can also bring a third person if you would like.
for location & timetable for Yumi Yoga Birth Preparation Workshops.