Welcome to Yumi Yoga
Baby Massage is a beautifully positive and beneficial practice for both parents and their baby. Parents are encouraged to leave all distraction at the door and connect with their baby through touch, sound, eye contact and observation to nurture a greater understanding and bond more deeply with their baby. My Baby Massage Courses are informal and relaxed; a place where you and your baby can learn the massage strokes at your own pace and enjoy time together without judgement or pressure. I also encourage discussion, so the classes can be a great place to make new friends, chat about parenthood and share ideas and tips with other parents.
Our Baby Massage courses run regularly in Cardiff. Courses take place over a 4 or 5 week period and each week you will learn new massage skills and gain practical experience of massaging your baby. By the end of the course you will have gained the confidence and knowledge to happily continue to massage your baby at home. Baby massage is suitable for all babies from birth onward, and can be particularly effective for babies born prematurely or those who have had a difficult birth experience. It is also very beneficial for special needs babies.
Some of the benefits for your baby:
• Reduces crying & emotional distress
• Increases levels of relaxation & longer sleep
• Helps to develop trust and build a sense of security
• Helps baby to feel loved, valued and respected
• Stimulates baby's circulation, digestion, nervous and lymphatic systems
• Develops body awareness and coordination
• Increases recognition of facial and emotional expression which supports development of social skills
• Helps with language development, memory & concentration
• Provides relief from wind, colic, constipation & teething discomfort
Some of the benefits for you:
• Brings you closer to your baby and deepens your bond
• Helps you gain a deeper understanding of your baby's behaviour, crying and body language
• Provides an enjoyable opportunity for you to spend one-to-one time with your baby
• Offers the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage
• Reduces post-natal depression
• Increases confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
• Provides a life-long parenting skill
• Helps build confidence in holding and handling baby
Baby Massage Courses are suitable for mums, dads and caregivers with babies from birth to 1 year old.
Claire is a qualified baby massage instructor, trained with International Assoiciation of Infant Massage
We also offer Mother and Baby Yoga classes and private postnatal classes for individuals or small groups can be arranged
- please contact us for details.
"I have attended pregnancy yoga, mother and baby yoga and the baby massage course with Claire and have really enjoyed all of them. I will use the skills I learnt during the baby massage course for the rest of Luke's childhood, he loves being massaged and I try to do some massage with him every day. Mother and baby yoga gives me the opportunity to exercise with Luke and to learn some yoga moves to do at home with Luke. I can highly recommend all of the Yumi Yoga courses. "
If you would like more information or would like to join our classes
please contact us:
07957 204 177
"Baby massage is the highlight of our week! It's both a fun and relaxing time together. And it's been great to learn something 'structured' that we can do together at home. I do a bit of massage every day now after my daughter's bath and she seems to love it..it's also been really nice to have a cup of tea and chat with the other mums on the course at the end of the classes, sharing experiences and local info. Thanks so much Claire! "
Helen & baby Charlotte
Victoria & baby Luke
Just wanted to say thanks so much for a lovely massge class on Tuesday morning at Kasia's. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Aidan is quite a good sleeper but jumps/fidgets quite a bit. He had a very deep, long and comfortable sleep afterwards.
Sarah & baby Aiden
sigh...I wish there were more body parts to learn to massage. I loved coming to the course. I still massage Albert every day and as soon as I show him my hands with the oil he starts smiling. We both love it.
Julia & baby Albert
The name, photographs and logos for YumiYoga.co.uk are registered trademarks of Yumi Yoga and may not be used or duplicated without permission. All text and design ©2014 Yumi Yoga. All rights reserved.